Sunday 3 May 2009

A short one this week


Not much going on for me this week, as you can see...........


Where I went


Only the 1 outing this week - a four mile circular walk around Petts Wood on Saturday. I walk this route once every year, about this time of year...why?....it's because of the bluebells. My walk takes me through Petts Wood itself, and through the National Trust's Hawkwood Estate, and through a number of woodland areas full of lovely, lovely bluebells. Here's a picture, but not from this year's walk because my camera is knackered and I haven't got a new one yet.
What I made
Continued with the brick stitch necklace - finished the big flower and then started on the medium flower - which took me longer to do than the big one. I kept messing it up and having to take it out - because I was trying to watch the Blues Brothers at the same time. When I'd finished the medium flower I went back to the floral filigree beaded acarf and worked on that for a while.
My pattern for a Greek Key square stitch beaded bracelet appeared on the Bead and Button website - this link should take you right there:-

What I read
I'm currently reading "Cloud Atlas" by David Mitchell. It's six interlinked stories, and the book was shortlisted for the Booker Prize - as well as winning Richard and Judy's "Read od the Year" - so two very different recommendations there. It's slowly drawing me in, but I haven't read enough of it yet to offer any useful comments.
What I learned this week
Using a Stenley knife to sharpen pencils isn't a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment